This website is intended exclusively to provide information about the activities of the IAHCRC International Research Consortium and is managed by the Data Manager appointed by the Scientific Coordinators of the Consortium, on an individual and voluntary basis.
This Notice is intended as information pursuant to articles 13 and 14 of the GDPR, and it applies exclusively to the collection of personal information through this website www.iahcrc.net.
1.2 Collected Data
This website collects data from its Users in two ways.
Data collected automatically
During the navigation in the website, the following information may be collected automatically (via cookies and other informatics technology, see Chapter 1.6) and stored in the log files of the website:
- Internet protocol address (IP);
- Browser type;
- Parameters of the device used to connect to the site;
- Name of the internet service provider (ISP);
These data are used to analyze user trends statistically and to administer and guarantee the security of the website; they are fully anonymous, in no way attributable to the identity of the Users.
Data provided voluntarily
This website can collect personal data from the users that freely and voluntarily provide them through its Contact Page, for the finalities described in the next Chapter.
1.3 Finalities and Legitimate Interest
The personal data collected and processed are the name and the email address of the Users presenting a request through the Contact Page of this Website.
The requests are considered pertinent if regarding (1) the activities of the IAHCRC Consortium and of the international community on the ATP1A3-related diseases in general, or (2) the exercise of the rights to personal data as described in Chapter 1.8. The requests are presented in terms of subject and description text.
The processing of these collected data is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interest of the IAHCRC Consortium to handle the requests about its activities presented by the Users of this website.
No other use is done of the data collected through this Website (no profiling, no score or evaluation, nor any other types of use that the GDPR – Art. 35(3) deems as “likely to result in a high risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons”).
1.4 Modalities of the Processing
Only the requests with a pertinent subject are processed; all the other requests, not pertinent to the finalities and content of this website, and the associated personal data, are immediately deleted.
Personal data associated to pertinent requests are retained and processed using electronic, computerized and telematics tools with logics strictly related to the aforementioned finalities exclusively by the IAHCRC Data Manager.
Data are stored in electronic media in compliance with the minimum security measures required by law, both technical and organizational, adequate to guarantee the confidentiality and security of personal data, adopting security measures to prevent alteration or unauthorized loss, treatment or access and to guarantee the data integrity and security.
Based on the principle of minimization, the data collected and processed by the IAHCRC Data Manager are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary based on the finalities for which they are collected and in any case respecting the will of the Users (Data Subjects) that voluntary provide them through the Contact Page of this website.
The personal information that Users provide voluntarily associated to their requests, are processed exclusively to handle their requests and are erased when the requests are completed.
1.5 Transfer of the Data
The personal data collected through this website are processed exclusively by the IAHCRC Data Manager and are not transferred to any other external third parties, unless it is a legitimate request by the judicial authority and only in the cases provided for by law.
The website uses the following categories of cookies:
The cookies of this category include both persistent cookies and session cookies, which make it possible to distinguish between connected users and prevent a service from being delivered to the wrong user; they are also used for the security of the website and of the Users themselves. Without these cookies, the website or parts of it may not work properly. Consent for the use of this cookies is not required, as they are intrinsic to the access of the Users to the website.
Cookies in this category are used to collect information anonymously and aggregately on the correct use of the website and on the number and modalities of the User accesses for the purpose of statistical analysis, to improve the access to the website and simplify its use.
The site also acts as an intermediary for third-party cookies, exclusively used to provide the additional services of accessing some embedded multi-media data (YouTube, ...) and for sharing on the main social networks (Facebook, Twitter, ...). Some of these cookies may be profiling cookies, that are used by third parties to collect information on user behaviour and interests in order to provide personalized advertising.
Refusal or withdrawal of consent to cookies
DISABLING COOKIES MAY PREVENT THE CORRECT USE OF SOME FUNCTIONS OF THE WEBSITE, in particular the services provided by third parties (YouTube, …) may not be accessible, and the embedded videos and images may therefore not be viewable.
1.7 Automated decision making
Neither the IAHCRC Consortium nor the appointed Data Manager use the personal data collected through this website for automated decision making.
1.8 Rights to Personal Data
All Users navigating through this website and presenting their requests through the Contact Page, even those located outside the EU countries, are entitled to exercise all of the following rights as stated in the Italian Privacy Code (Art. 7 D.Lgs. 196/2003) and in the EU GDPR (Art. 15 EU Regulation N. 679/2016):
- require (i) information as to whether your personal data is retained and (ii) access to and/or duplicates of your personal data retained, including the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, and the data recipients as well as potential retention period;
- request rectification, removal or restriction of your personal data, e.g. because (i) it is incomplete or inaccurate, (ii) it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, or (iii) the consent on which the processing was based has been withdrawn;
- refuse to provide and - without impact to data processing activities that have taken place before such withdrawal -- withdraw your consent to processing of your personal data at any time;
- object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, that your personal data shall be subject to a processing. In this case, please provide IEMEST with information about your particular situation. After the assessment of the facts presented by you, IEMEST will either stop processing your personal data or present you our compelling legitimate grounds for an ongoing processing;
- take legal actions in relation to any potential breach of your rights regarding the processing of your personal data, as well as to lodge complaints before the competent data protection regulators;
- require (i) to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to IEMEST, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and (ii) to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from IEMEST; where technically feasible you shall have the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from IEMEST to another controller; and/or
- not to be subject to any automated decision making, including profiling (automatic decisions based on data processing by automatic means, for the purpose of assessing several personal aspects) which produce legal effects on you or affects you with similar significance.
Users may (i) exercise the rights referred to above or (ii) pose any questions or (iii) make any complaints regarding their data processing in the IAHCRC-CLOUD Platform by contacting IEMEST using the contact details set out in the next Chapter.
Users located in the EU have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority of their country of residence, if they believe that IEMEST has not been able to assist with their complaint or concern.
1.9 Contact Info
The Data Controller for this website is the IAHCRC Data Manager, appointed by the Scientific Coordinators of the IAHCRC Consortium to manage it and the data collected through it on an individual, voluntary basis.
The IAHCRC Data Manager, currently in the person of Dr. Maria Rosaria Vavassori, is also the only responsible of the processing of the personal data collected through this website.
She can be contacted at any time through the Contact Page of this website, to exercise the rights as listed in the previous Chapter and for any other request about the IAHCRC Consortium.
The most current version of the Notice will always be posted on this Website and will govern the collection and processing of the personal information of the users of this website.